Friday, March 4, 2011

I Can't Find You.

I'm not the first person to mention this on a blog and I certainly won't be the last. But it's an important reminder from time to time. I have a few followers I cannot follow back. I want to. I really want to know you, see what you're all about. Build a blogging relationship with you. Find creative inspiration in your daily musings. Miss you when you're gone. But you're invisible.  I cannot have a relationship with an invisible person. Just ask my ex husband.

So here's the deal. When I click on the little thumbnail picture of your smiling face, your blog is not listed in your profile. So, I cannot stop by for a visit. I've tried to Google a few of you, but have found nothing. I want to be there for you. Watch as you go down this tumultuous road to publication or public drunkenness whichever comes first. No judging, we've all been there. I can't help you celebrate the day you get an agent, or talk you off the ledge when I don't know what building you're in.

So, lets do this. Sign into blogger. Go into your dashboard, click edit profile, and find where it shows your blogs to list. Click on that and make sure you have your blog listed there. Make sure your email address is there also. What if I'm an agent who just happened upon you and I want to make you my pretty? Only to discover that you are hiding from me. Ugh!

So make sure you can be found and I will be right over. Also, I'm still trying to catch up on my blog visiting. I took a few days off last week. Catching up is soooo hard. And with the kids, the hubby, the dog, the stray cats, and well, you get the picture. Time is not on my side.

Happy Weekend People.

6 comments:

  1. I AGREE!!!!!! So frustrating.

    Also, I worry they'll think I'm a snob for not visiting back. But it's not my fault.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I've been able to find some blogs by Googling--and even then it's not that easy. It takes stealth work.

    I feel bad not being able to find these guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. You have such a great voice. :) Love reading your clever posts.

    I, too, have this issue. And you know what, just like last week or something I realized I hadn't done it either. My link was under my pic under MY WEBSITE. so I've learned to check for that in others' profiles. But I hadn't even made my blog available in the easy link. What a dork! lol. Problem corrected, but I'm sure many others think they're linked just as I did, but not in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think sometimes it can be people who don't have blogs as well. I had a profile and followed people for a while before I actually created a blog. It could also be your loyal fans ;p I also have some personal friends that created profiles just so they could follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when I can't find people back either.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It frustrates me, too. I want to follow the people who follow my blog!

    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Me loves them!