Thursday, March 17, 2011

Awesome Week!

I'm so far behind guys. I've been wanting to visit all of you, check out what's going on, and get all with it and everything, but a few fabulous things happened to me this week and one of them has kept me pretty busy. The first is my follower button. Check it out. Yep, 100 followers. Shweet! I'm so happy to have each one of you. Its  amazing to go down the list of your followers and see all the amazing talent that's out there. I'm so blessed to have so many people to learn from, to lean on, to relate to, to just follow. After being around so many other walks of life, the writing community is by far the most giving, supportive, and understanding group I've ever been associated with. They can be brutal too, but I'll still take this community over any other. Thanks for being there and following my blog.

The other biggie is totally not related to writing. But I'll share anyway. I'm a small business owner in addition to this whole writing dream. It's just a small concierge business that I operate out of my home. If you're  not familiar with one of those, it's basically a personal errand and consulting service. They're pretty big in major cities. We had none in mine.

So, it's been really slow with the economy in the condition that its in, and it took awhile to get people acquainted with the whole concept. But some hard work, lots of prayer (thanks Carol, Rob, and God) and networking (hey, we do that here too) and this week, it took off.  I'm gonna have to hire people and will begin interviewing soon. I just cannot believe it. Happy dance and I don't even care what I look like doing it. I guess one out of two dreams coming true in a week is a pretty good week. Now the skeptic in me keeps waiting for the "but". I keep telling her to go away but she keeps hovering.

So that's my news, people. I hope all of you have had some great news this week too. Now I just have to find time to work on the writing dream. My muse is going to be nearly intolerable. I wonder if buying her shoes will keep her sated until I can find time to write. I may have to try.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so behind too... just can't keep up with everything. But congrats on your job taking off! That's wonderful! Keep up the good work and best of luck with it.

    Don't worry, we'll still be here blogging our little hearts out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. T.C., congratulations on 100 followers! And excellent news regarding your business! You'll fit in time to write! But buy your muse some shoes to keep her quiet while your dealing with your business;).

    BTW, there's an award waiting at my blog for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is awesome about your business!! Whooo!! Don't fret over blogs, just work on writing and working and get to blogs when you can. People are really awesome about understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news all around T.C. I think we all tend to fall behind on blogs every now and then. But that is the great thing about the writing community, we all understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's great T.C. So happy for all the good things that are happening with you. The writing community is great and I am blessed to have met so many great authors/readers on here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whaa? How did you manage that? You went from a couple good clients to having to hire someone in a matter of weeks? You have GOT to tell me your advertising secret for my bracelet business! C'mon, girl, dish!

    And congrats on making 100! I still only have 3. *pouts* :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on all accounts! 100 followers is awesome, as is your work news. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fantastic news about your business, well done! What a great improvement! That type of business is pretty uncommon here in Australia (or perhaps I just haven't heard of it). I'd love to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it's been an awesome week! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Me loves them!