Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day is Everyday.

I wanted to post this earlier, but I ran short on time then thought if I posted late, it could carry on into tomorrow. Today is Veterans Day-well, tonight is too. And in my opinion it should be everyday. I come from a military family. My father is retired from the Army and my brother served his country as a Marine. I doubt they truly know how very proud I am of them and their service to this country. I'm also blessed to have uncles, cousins, and dear friends who have served or are serving as well. (be safe Danny) And at the end of the day, it doesn't matter where our opinions fall. What side of the political aisle you're on or what religious belief you may have or don't have. What matters is that it's because of the brave that we get to have an opinion at all. And for that gift alone, if for nothing else, I am eternally grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Well said. Thanks to all your family and friends who serve to keep us save and give us the liberties we have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary-I will be sure to pass that onto them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Me loves them!