Friday, February 11, 2011

It was but a Dream.

Last night I had this amazing dream. I woke up wearing an elegant silk nightgown with a train that swept the hardwoods as I walked down the hall. (thank god, no swiffering later for me) There was a full pot of coffee in the Cuisinart, and there, just off the deck, was a brand new room with a sign on the door. The sign read T.C.'s Office. As I got closer to the door, I noticed the flip sign on the handle that read, DO NOT ENTER. And then it got even better. There, at exactly five feet two inches from the floor was a retina scanner. There was no doubt that it had been made for me. I wanted to run to my husband and thank him. It was just like him to be so amazing. But I knew he'd want me to savor the moment, so I stepped up to the threshold and allowed the tiny beam to read my retina. The door opened slowly, and a piano concerto began to play softly from the other side of the room, and I nearly looked around for Debussy as I closed the door behind me. This is what I saw.




I felt like this was it. It was everything I could have ever imagined an office to look like. My story could get finished now. Really finished. I'd have privacy and a lovely space to work in.
But then I woke up. And I walked down the hall in my Old Navy jammies (guess I have to swiffer now. I'm not bitter, swear)  and that's when I saw it. My real office. The one I get to muse in everyday because the teenagers took over the den where my office used to be. (okay maybe I'm a little bitter) This is now my office.

Looks almost as cozy. NOT!
Well, maybe for some. I found this in my office this morning.



Hello Cooper. Must be a faulty retina thingy.
But he was kind enough to give me this when I asked him to vacate my office.

Hum, looks a lot like the look the teenagers used to give me too. I wonder if I can resume a dream with ease. This is it people. I'm going back to my office. I mean bed! :) Happy Weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Loving Cooper. And that is the exact look my teenager gives me now. Too funny! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I feel your pain. I write in our spare room. I did manage to get the old bed out of it, and I'm getting an office chair for valentine's day!!!! YAY...no more writing in the splintering kitchen chair. (I hope). He could have changed his mind...
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Cute dog. I write on the couch, at the kitchen table, in the bedroom-- wherever for right now. We are finishing up redoing our upstairs for our son's room, then I will have his room for an office (I can't wait!)

    Love the look of both versions of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I have in my room is this huuuge desk that's good for studying, but not nearly comfortable enough to read on. I'm always begging my dad for a couch instead. How about we trade? (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dog! Yes, we all have to just imagine our dream offices for now. Someday we'll get a "real" office!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1)move comfy chair out

    2)move 6 ft table and rolling office chair in

    3) no one will want to snooze in your room anymore because it will look too much like boring work--well, except you, of course. I hope?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Me loves them!