Wednesday, January 26, 2011
When I first started this blog, I was nervous. Putting ourselves out there is not the easiest thing to do for some of us. We worry about criticism, fitting in, saying something stupid (there's a shocker). But instead of getting any of those things, I got a warm virtual embrace. And in return for that embrace, I try to pay it forward and I always will. So without further ado:
I'm supposed to list the blogger or bloggers who gave me this award. They are:
And I'm supposed to give this thingy away to like fifteen other people. So....
Jamie-I'm a guy BTW
Stephany at Stuck between the pages.
Lindsay at Tiptoe Kisses
Okay, so I tried to give this away to fifteen other people. And everyone I know seems to already have it. But I tried. Promise. Swear. So here's what you've truly been waiting for, or not. The stuff about me that you probably didn't know.
1. I love to play Eighties Trivia or Monopoly with my husband (even though he's a Slum-Lord while playing Monopoly; nobody should have to pay rent like that when there is no house, just saying).
2. I'm always freezing so I look like a bag lady when I walk the dog...REALLY.
3.I'm only 5'4 and a half (yes, it counts).
4. I'm honest to a fault (I'm in the market for a filter).
5. I cannot walk or move in heels, so I don't wear them....EVER.
6. I absolutely love chicken and could eat it everyday. Well I do actually. Thank God the whole bird thingys over with. I was going down without a doubt.
7. I walk on our treadmill at least every other day, and if nothings on TV, I watch my Pride and Prejudice DVD over and over again ( I know, completely pump you up kind of stuff. I'm hard core).
And I'll give you one extra since I got this award from four people.
8. I used to be a Truck Driver (13 years, 26 states).Yep, the big ones. I hauled steel. Forty eight thousand pounds of it daily, which gave my truck and trailer a gross weight of around 78,000 pounds. I was a closet sleeper writer/reader. They kicked me out because I refused to wear a cowboy hat, boots, or carry a chain wallet ( kidding). Most truck drivers really don't do that anyway. It is an experience I will be proud of forever. It taught me so much about overcoming obstacles. Funny how the things you think would never apply, always do somehow.
That's it. Please go and check out the blogs I've mentioned. They're pretty awesome. And while you're here, tell me something about you.