Monday, January 10, 2011

Go away Ole' man Winter!

My sky is the color of milk at the moment and the ground outside my door is covered with random splotches of snow and mud. Much like my kitchen floor after Cooper has his morning walk. Yay for me and Mr. Swiffer. So I have rebelled against the drab of winter. My canvas ( picture window) needs warmth and color. So does my skin. How much lotion does it take to hydrate a human being in the dead of winter anyway? This is getting ridiculous. So I have borrowed my own spring by decorating the blog. Take that ole' man winter! I hope you like the new look. I also wanted to tell you about a new idea for the blog. Every Friday, in addition to my random posts about writing, books, or my life (I'm sure everyone loves those), I'm going to be hosting a little info session called: "Found it Friday's". It may be another blog, a new book, a new author, a writing tip (from an expert, definitely not from me) a contest, a conference, a new agent, a new blogger, group, quote, whatever. Who knows, I may even want to feature you. There are just so many awesome things out there in the info-net and if you're like me, sometimes it's hard to get to them all. I can't say I'll find everything, but I'll certainly try to and if you should hear about anything that ranks up there with so awesome it must be shared, be sure to stop by on "Found it Friday's" and let us know about it. For now, let me know what you think about "Found it Friday's" and tell me what you've been up to. For me, I'm going to be spending the next few days visiting all of you and searching for something amazing to tell you on Friday. No stress....really. Happy hopping, reading, and writing guys;) I would have said revising too, but we all know that's not possible.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea! I'm sure you'll have no problem finding something to post.

    As you might know, all of January is my 100 Words for $100 contest. Prize money is now up to $17 - the more people that enter, the higher the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd normally say come down my direction (South Texas) and enjoy a little sunshine, but it's actually cool and overcast here today. Which for me, is a welcome break from our typical 60-70 degree January temps. The grass is always greener, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spring time look of the blog, and Found it Friday's sounds really cool! Can't wait to see what you find this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the spring look to your blog! That was my first thought when it started loading, before I even read this entry! And, I think Found It Friday's sounds like an awesome idea! It will help others to find interesting blogs, ideas, quotes, books, writings, etc. It's a good way to get the word out there!!!

    Also, thanks for entering in my giveaway! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first thing I thought when I opened your blog page was: Wow, she changed the background a lot!

    It's pretty : ) And great idea about the Found it Fridays. There's so much info out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is sprung, I love it! I also love the sound of FIFs! I love sharing the links I find on my Friday BTW posts, and I'll really look forward to what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love and get inspired by reading your posts. Lotion had most of my money drained away in their stock markets at this rate. Indiana weather here just takes a toll on your skin. Still internetless at home so I am finally, painfully making my way around the blogosphere...will be back to see what else you are up too. For now best wishes and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's a fab idea!! Looking forward to it. Wish I could send you some FLA sunshine... but it's cold here too at the present. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Me loves them!