Friday, October 8, 2010

The Write Of Day!

Okay! So I'm in the shower and this new novel idea just pops out in between the shampoo and conditioner routine. By the time I was decent enough to enter the living room, the idea had sculpted itself, and the characters to the point of first names, plot, and many other things I won't bore you with at this time. There will be plenty of time for that later. So, in the midst of revisions to MS one and two. Now it seems I have a third project on the brain as well. So at the moment, I'm pondering if this sort of cluster creating ability is in fact a clinical condition that has been overlooked by my practitioner. If so, I wonder if I could sue for such an oversight. I could use the money to write said MS one, two and three. Then I wouldn't be here scrambling to find a moment in between Cooper who wants to play, a husband who just parted with an unruly tooth at the dentist office, two teenagers who need to go somewhere, and the grocery store who called and asked where I've been. Apparently the kids called to let them know the pantry is in dire need of food. You run out of Pop tarts and the whole world is against you! All of this, when I just want to write. When I get home, I'm going to hide in the pantry with trusty lap-top and eat the new box of Pop tarts. I shall then be right with the world. What's your favorite hiding place?

3 comments:

  1. The car. When an idea pops into my head and I need to process it through I head for the car. Nothing like a long, quiet drive to get my characters in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh anywhere I can write or think. If I'm thinking, its walking, headphones on through the park. When I write its at my desk or in the garden...weather forecast pending of course. ;))

    Good luck with your MS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I came out of the pantry and took a short drive followed by a walk on the treadmill last night. It worked, ideas are a-flowing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Me loves them!