Monday, October 4, 2010

Who's Your Critical Angel?


Please allow me to introduce you to Cooper. My ever faithful, loving, and yes-Critical Angel. Most writers have a sounding board of some sort. A network of internet friends to proof read your work and offer useful bouts of advice on prose, punctuation, and plot structure. Just like the ones at  Writer's Digest http://community.writersdigest.com/group/critiquecorner one of the greatest communities for writer's and I'm proud to say that I am now a member. Or an old friend who knows you well enough to be thoughtless in manner when delivering a critical blow to the last paragraph in your blossoming chapter one. We all have someone who listens to our stories weather it be a small fan base of friends and family or an entire group filled with friends  we've never met before. Do you feel supported in your writing? What drives you to read that next novel, research that next setting, conjure up that next plot? What are your inspirations? I'd love to hear what moves you to write. As for me, I've read Cooper my latest query  letter  and as you can see, I'm feeling a re-write coming on. I wouldn't want to ever see an editor in such misery after reading my work.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the pictures. I am motivated by my children and students, who seem to love whatever it is I write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have quite the following J.L. You are most fortunate. I relayed to Cooper that you found him "cute" and he's just beaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through your post over at Critique Corner and thought I'd snoop around. Liked what I found :).

    I had a dog named Cooper too...he was an Australian Shepard/Border Collie mix, and like your Cooper, he was a good listener.

    Christi Corbett

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, T.C. Can;t ;-) to read more. ;;;;;;; Rob has you on his feed reader;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my sweet Carol! I miss you and Mr. Rob so. Thanks for being a part of my blog. I love having the two of you as my readers and more importantly as my friends. Both of you are the greatest. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Me loves them!