Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Determined to Evolve.

I'm a loser, sorry. I totally missed D-Day. We're having new windows put in our house and the entire place is a mess. So, I'm blending posts. Please don't call the authorities or anything. That's right, I plan to throw a D right onto an E-day.

Here's the big message for the day: Be determined to achieve whatever your goal may be. If you're a writer like me, be determined to evolve in your writing career. Learn all you can about the craft. Read everything you can get your hands on. Lean on your writer friends. Read blogs like this one but look for better blogs that might actually teach you something. This one...not so much. Find critique partners. Build relationships. Stalk agents but adhere to the law, people. No agent wants to be slipped a query letter while they're on the Jon (Is this John or Jon?  See there, evolving.) Don't do it. There are limits to determination and only so much that can be blamed on wine consumption but always move forward. Every little thing you learn along the way will help you with your writing. Even the the things you think to be insignificant, you'll be amazed when you have to use them later. Just keep going. That is all.

6 comments:

  1. LOL!! Thanks for the humor to start my day with! And BTW-- I often learn lots of things from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, determination is key with writing. I am determined to evolve ad well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surviving as a writer depends upon three things: talent, timing and persistence. (At least I think that's the three....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for the charming post, and I like your heading, A life without love is no life at all.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love evolution! It's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo! Feeling determined right now, revising like crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Me loves them!