Thursday, October 4, 2012

Errrmiiigaaawd!!!!

 The Next Big Blog Hop!

I've been tagged, people. The lovely cheese eating, hoarding, composing goddess, Crystal Collier has taken time out of her busy day to whop me on the blog. So, now I get to do something uber-amazing and answer a few questions about my WIP then I'll be whopping a few bloggers back so they can tell us all about theirs. Itchy fingers...

Okay, just because I need major motivation, and because I have contemplated self-publishing for many reasons (that's another blog), I actually have a cover for my WIP. It's slightly unfinished but I loves it!

Cover design by: Amanda Mathews of AMD Design Studios. Go check out what she can do for you! Amanda just rocks!

Now on with the rest of this: 

1. What is the working title of your book?    THE BONE TREATY (Subject as always to change).

2. Where did the idea come from?    I haven't the foggiest. I was shampooing my hair I think, and bam, I had three chapters before the end of the night. Freaking scary. 

3. What genre does your WIP fall under?   I'm going with YA Paranormal Romance. 

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?     Ooh, let the casting calls begin....taps fingers.

                           Meet Alexia Fast playing the part of Addie.
                                                      
                                    And now for the love triangle. 


                              Alex Pettyfur as Conal Reed Grrr...                 
                


                                                                   And


                                                  Chace Crawford as Griffin 
 Now all we need is a vote for Team Conal or Team Griffin.  NO They are so not ready for T-shirts people ;)

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?   

When a stranger shows up ready to kill, an orphaned girl must unlock the mysteries of her heritage after her body reacts to him in supernatural ways. (Okay, its not perfect but it will have to do for now)

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?  

I'm still on the fence with this one. I guess I'll know when I know, right?

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? 

About nine months for the first draft. 

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?  

Hm...no pressure. I always hate this question. I'll just name one. Maybe the Premonition Series by Amy Bartol. Although I'd hate to even put myself in that category. If you haven't read the series yet, do so right this minute. It's amazing and completely swoon-worthy. My story differs from hers, there are no angels in The Bone Treaty. But my MC must come to grips with a supernatural ability she has no idea she has, and it leads her on a quest for survival, discovery, and inevitably torn between Conal and Griffin. (There have been worse days)

9. Who or What inspired you to write this book? 

Hm...not sure on this one. Since I was shampooing my hair, I might have to say Kenra since that was the shampoo. (Chuckles)

10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? 

There's a new kind of shapeshifter breaking onto the scene and you'll just have to read The Bone Treaty to find out more. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until the revisions are done, the agent is landed, and the book deal is complete, or until I can launch this baby onto Amazon, whatever I end up doing. (Sighs)

P.S. I have no idea why some of this is showing up with the white background. (shakes head)

Okay, now enough about me and The Bone Treaty. Now I get to whop 5 people.


Time to spill it people! What is your WIP about?

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Conal, and Griffin. Swoon!

    Funny, I kinda pictured them slightly different, but I can certainly readjust to what you see :-)

    Thanks for the tag! I'll be posting mine up on 10/17.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you hadn't sent me your chps, I'd be dying with impatience right now to read The Bone Treaty (love the title btw). Thanks for the tag! (Do you have to tag back people who follow you? That could be a problem, as I only have a few - it being new and all, heh; starting over definitely sucks sometimes).

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog link is fixed - thanks, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting ideas can come in the shower. What fun. Sounds intriguing. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I normally stay as far away from blog hops as possible, but this one looks like fun....

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I love it! Of course, you should have prefaced that with "spoilers included". Argh. Excuse me while I go find a memory wiping device. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very intrigued! I followed a link from Katie Pendergrass's blog to yours and I'm glad I did... consider me a new faithful stalker :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! I just realized we both tagged Alex Pettyfur for our leading men. great minds!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have a great story! Good luck with getting it done. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Me loves them!